Doctor O’Connor is the meticulous, decisive, passionate owner of Professional Hearing Services. A seasoned and skilled practitioner, she has earned a reputation as a friendly, knowledgeable professional.
Throughout her career, Dr. O’Connor followed her dream to own an audiology practice. She sought opportunities to work in a variety of settings in central Indiana, such as a rehabilitation clinic, hospitals, ENT offices, and as an independent contractor in various private audiology practices. She strived not only to be the best in her field, but to glean knowledge for the odyssey to someday own a practice. She volunteered in professional organizations at the state and national level, working to make the professional doctorate, the field’s entry-level degree. She then earned the Au.D. degree herself, whereas most contemporaries were satisfied to continue to practice with a master’s degree. Finally, in March 2004, her dream came true, as she took over the reins of Professional Hearing Services from the practice’s original owner.
Her practice is unique in greater Indianapolis: It’s the area’s most established private audiology practice, it’s the only one that’s owned by a Doctor of Audiology, and it’s the only one that’s AudigyCertified™, which means it’s been selected and certified by an elite group of peers for upholding the highest standards of patient care. Dr. O’Connor is proud of her practice’s excellent reputation and continued growth since 1983.
Dr. O’Connor and her husband, Pat, live nearby on the Northside. Their three children seemingly benefited from the investment in private Catholic education. Their eldest daughter is a graduate of IU’s School of Medicine and is an otolaryngology (ENT) resident at Baylor. Their middle son is a graduate of IU’s Kelley School of Business and is a Certified Public Accountant working at DOZ in Carmel. Their youngest daughter is the creative one, spending her days as a free-lance interior designer and as a responsible but fun-loving nanny for a Northside family.
- Doctor of Audiology degree, Arizona School of Health Sciences, division of Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine: May 2002
- Master of Arts degree, Audiology, Indiana University–Bloomington: May 1983
- Bachelor of Arts degree, Speech and Hearing Sciences, Indiana University–Bloomington: Jan. 1982
- Angie’s List Super Service Award 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Audigy Group Provider of Distinction award 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Audigy Group Outstanding Practice Achievement award 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Nancy Walton Laurie Leadership Conference, Flagship Session, Chi Omega Sorority, February, 2012
- Academy of Doctors of Audiology (served on Advocacy Committee)
- Past President, Indiana Academy of Audiology
- Past President, Greater Indianapolis Speech and Hearing Association